The man arrested on suspicion of assaulting Katie Price has been released on bail for the third time since the incident in August.
Katie, 43, had allegedly been assaulted in the early hours of August 23 when a man was arrested following the incident at a home in Essex.
He was bailed until September 20 and later re-bailed for another date in October, which has now been extended into November while investigations continue.
Essex Police told Metro.co.uk in a statement: ‘A man arrested following reports of an assault in Little Canfield on August 23 has been re-bailed until next month (November).’
Police had been called to a residential address after the alleged incident, which saw Katie taken to hospital with a split eye and suspected fractured jaw.
The day after the incident, Katie told The Sun: ‘I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital.
‘I’m still all dazed. I’m devastated. I’ve told police that I was assaulted, and am in shock that this happened. I ran away after being punched.’
She added that she had run away to 19-year-old son Harvey Price’s house after the incident, which caused ‘damage’ to her feet which were still recovering after she broke both of them during a fall while on holiday in Turkey last year.
Her fiancé, Carl Woods, 32, had spoken out after the incident to claim he was not the man involved, writing on social media: ‘I have remained quiet until now due to the investigation being carried out by the police however I have found it so difficult to keep quiet on social media due to the speculation and shocking abuse that I have received.
‘Anybody who thinks I hit Katie, you’re completely delusional and have no idea of the reality of this situation.
‘I have never and never would do anything to hurt Katie. The truth will be told.’
The mother-of-five is currently receiving treatment in The Priory after crashing her car last month while under the influence of drugs and alcohol and while banned from driving.
She is due in court in December for sentencing and could face prison time, with chair of the bench Julie Hutton warning her in court: ‘We regularly send people to prison for driving whilst disqualified. On that basis, Ms Price, you are free to go and good luck at the Priory.’
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article