• Tue. Sep 28th, 2021

Meghan Markle left trail of devastation for Royal family, expert claims

Aug 14, 2021

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Meghan Markle has "left behind her a trail of devastation" for both her family and the Royal family, an expert has claimed.

The Duchess of Sussex, 40, was branded a liar by her dad Thomas Markle in a scathing TV interview on Friday 13 August.

Meghan's dad claimed the mum-of-two wasn't telling the truth in her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, which aired earlier this year.

Last week, to celebrate her 40th birthday, Meghan launched a new initiative on her Archwell website, which she shares with husband Prince Harry.

Meghan's latest project, which she promoted with a hilarious promo video starring herself and Melissa McCarthy, aims to support women into getting back into the workplace following job losses due to the pandemic.

Despite Meghan's efforts to promote the new project, royal biographer Duncan Larcombe believes the project has "gone down badly in this country".

He told True Royalty TV's The Royal Beat of Meghan's initiative: "It's great, she's doing that, she's just had a baby, and it's all about Meghan, and it's all rubbish frankly. It's gone down so badly in this country.

"She has left behind her a trail of devastation, on the Markle side, and now on the Windsor side.


"I don’t want to see her lecturing young mums having to go back to work from inside her $11million LA mansion."

He added: "This initiative is nonsense, she should be spending her time trying to build bridges with the very people that she and Harry have betrayed.

"That's what I think most people in this country believe."

It comes after Meghan's father Thomas claimed he had tried to build bridges with his daughter, who gave birth to daughter Lilibet earlier this year.

Thomas claimed he was yet to have heard back from the Duchess, despite his efforts.

He told Dan Wootton on GB News: "I really didn't expect to hear back but I tried none the less.

"I wished her a happy birthday and brighter days ahead but I've not heard back."

Meghan and Thomas' relationship is said to have soured in the buildup to her wedding to Prince Harry, 36, in 2018.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Thomas was papped preparing for his daughter's wedding, in photographs which he later admitted were "staged".

Meghan's dad is then understood to have suffered a heart attack in the build up to her wedding and it was confirmed Thomas would not be attending his daughter's nuptials.

Since then, Thomas has appeared in a number of interviews and has insisted he won't stop talking to the media until his daughter speaks to him.

He said after Meghan's interview with Oprah earlier this year: "When they say I'm marring and taking advantage of the press, well, basically what I do is if I haven't heard from them is I do a story from the press.

"If I don't hear from them in 30 days then I'll do another story for the press."

Stay up to date with the latest on Meghan Markle and the Royal Family by signing up to OK!'s daily newsletter here

Source: Read Full Article