• Sat. Sep 18th, 2021

Piers Morgan pictured sitting behind ITV boss as rumours swirl about his return to GMB

Sep 3, 2021

Piers Morgan’s stance on Meghan Markle discussed by Dr Shola

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Piers Morgan has been fuelling rumours he could make a return to Good Morning Britain following his Ofcom ruling earlier this week. Now, the broadcaster has been pictured at the cricket sitting behind his former ITV boss Kevin Lygo.

Piers was back watching test cricket earlier today as he attended day two of the Fourth Test at the Kia Oval.

However, it was who Piers was pictured sitting near, which is likely to cause some tongues wagging.

The former GMB presenter was sitting just behind ITV Director of Television Kevin.

The pair didn’t seem to be chatting in the snaps as Piers spoke to the man next to him.

Although, it’s possible Kevin and Piers found some time to chat between innings.

This all comes after Ofcom ruled in favour of Piers earlier this week over his comments about Meghan Markle.

Back in March, Piers caused controversy when he said he “didn’t believe” Meghan’s comments in her landmark interview with Oprah Winfrey.

She had spoken about her life in the Royal Family alongside her husband Prince Harry.

The pair made several admissions, including her speaking about her mental health breakdown and how a member of the Royal Family had made a racist comment about son Archie Harrison’s skin tone.

Reacting to the news on the morning news show, Piers said: “I’m sorry, I don’t believe a word she said, Meghan Markle.

“I wouldn’t believe it if she read me a weather report.”

The moment sparked more than 57,000 complaints to the regulatory body.

Piers also exited the morning news show following his comments as he said he had refused to apologise in a piece for the Daily Mail.

On Wednesday, Ofcom gave their judgement on the ruling saying Piers’ comments were “potentially harmful and offensive”.

However, they were permitted as any restrictions on such views could have a “chilling restriction on freedom of expression.”

Teasing his return to GMB, Piers reacted to the moment on Twitter.

He penned: “I’m delighted OFCOM has endorsed my right to disbelieve the Duke & Duchess of Sussex’s incendiary claims to Oprah Winfrey, many of which have proven to be untrue.

“This is a resounding victory for free speech and a resounding defeat for Princess Pinocchios. Do I get my job back?”

However, later in the week, ITV said they have no plans to bring Piers back on the show.

In a statement, they said they “have no current plans to invite him to present Good Morning Britain”.

Last week, Kevin also admitted Piers was a “very difficult act to follow”.

During a panel at Edinburgh TV Festival, he was asked about who might replace Piers.

He said: “It’s a very difficult act to follow and what we are doing is having a range of people.

“We have Susanna [Reid] as a lynchpin, we have had all sorts of people sitting next to Susanna and we are just trying to see what works.”

Source: Read Full Article