• Wed. Dec 1st, 2021

Queen inundated with support as Piers Morgan addresses royals health update

Oct 30, 2021

Queen advised by doctors to rest for two weeks

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Queen will rest for another two weeks, Buckingham Palace has announced today. Piers Morgan has reacted to the news on social media.

Taking to the micro-blogging site, the ex-Good Morning Britain host retweeted a post from Sky News correspondent Rhiannon Mills.

In view of her 18,200 followers, she tweeted: “Queen advised by doctors to rest for at least the next two weeks, and won’t be attending the festival of remembrance, but still hopes to be at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday.”

Addressing his 7.9 million followers, Piers penned: “This sounds more serious than they’re letting on.”

It comes after the Queen was forced to pull out of several planned engagements in recent weeks following medical advice to rest including the upcoming COP26 summit in Glasgow.

Buckingham Palace has now announced the Queen will be resting for two weeks.

Social media users flocked underneath Piers’ tweet as they offered heartwarming messages of support.

Twitter user, Mark penned: “Wishing Her Majesty a speedy recovery.”

Yolanda Schultes remarked: “She is a wonderful and strong lady but she is only human. She had to endure too much this year.”

Angela Eden agreed, saying: “Wishing Her Majesty a speedy recovery.”

Louise Caroline tweeted: “Our Queen is 95 years old and so she’s allowed to rest.”

A statement released by Buckingham Palace on October 29 read: “Following on from their recent advice that the Queen should rest for a few days, Her Majesty’s doctors have advised that she should continue to rest for at least the next two weeks.

“The doctors have advised that Her Majesty can continue to undertake light, desk-based duties during this time, including some virtual audiences, but not to undertake any official visits.

DON’T MISS…

Our Yorkshire Farm’s Amanda Owen unrecognisable in wedding pic[LATEST]
‘Drew f****** blood!’ Gogglebox’s Lee rages at co-star Jenny[TV]
Danniella Westbrook, 47, is hospitalised with mystery illness[INSTAGRAM]

“Her Majesty regrets that this means she will be unable to attend the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday, November 13.”

The latest statement from the Palace comes amid national concern for the monarch’s health.

The Queen hosted a Global Investment Summit at Windsor Castle on 19 October.

The next day a spokesman said a planned trip to Northern Ireland had been cancelled, and the monarch had “reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days”.

Then, in a later statement, Buckingham Palace said she had stayed in hospital on Wednesday night for “some preliminary investigations” and had returned the following day to Windsor Castle, where she was “in good spirits”.

Her stay at King Edward VII’s Hospital was her first overnight hospital stay in eight years.

A Palace spokesman said: “Following advice to rest, The Queen has been undertaking light duties at Windsor Castle.

“Her Majesty has regretfully decided that she will no longer travel to Glasgow to attend the evening reception of Cop26 on Monday, November 1.

They added: “Her Majesty is disappointed not to attend the reception but will deliver an address to the assembled delegates via a recorded video message.”

Source: Read Full Article