December is here and the countdown to Christmas is on, but if you want an alternative to advent calendars, one mischievous character may be perfect for your children. The Elf on the Shelf has soared in popularity over the past few years, as parents dream up pranks, funny messages and adorable ideas to amuse their kids on the countdown to Christmas.
Elf on the Shelf’s basis is simple, he or she is an agent of Santa who reports back to him every night.
Each day the elf then returns to your home, and your children hunt for him around the house.
Sometimes the elf is simply placed on a shelf or in the Christmas tree, but other times he or she gets into ridiculous escapades with food, household items or other toys.
The elf tells Santa each night how well behaved the children have been, and if they misbehave can stop moving or even not come back from the North Pole one day.
- Christmas travel: ‘Worst’ airports for delays in December
There are rules which come along with your elf, such as your children having to come up with a name for them and not being able to touch the elf.
The no-touching rule is explained in the Elf on the Shelf book, as when children touch the elves, they lose their magic and cannot fly home to Santa.
Each December social media is filled with creative parents posing their elves in all manner of funny, naughty and hilarious poses.
With 24 days of Advent to count down with your elf, coming up with ideas for each day can be quite difficult.
So express.co.uk have compiled a list of fun ideas for you and your elf.
– Have your elf involved in a snowball (cotton wool) fight with other toys
– Have some toys take your elf hostage
– Search for Elf in the Shelf trapped in the TV on youtube and follow the instructions to magically ‘trap’ your elf in the television
– Pose your self next to your child’s advent calendar as if they are taking their sweets
Christmas tree: When should you put up your Christmas tree? [INSIGHT]
Cheapest turkey 2019: Aldi, Asda, Tesco & Sainsbury’s compared [ANALYSIS]
How to save money at Christmas: Top tips for making money go further [EXPLAINED]
- Elf on the Shelf 2019: Hilarious Elf on the Shelf ideas
– Spill some peas on the counter and leave a sign next to your elf saying ‘I’ve pea’d’
– Write a message to your children in toothpaste on the bathroom mirror and pose the elf with the toothpaste
– Pop your elf in the fridge and write a note to say they missed the cold of the North Pole
– Draw Minions on a bunch of bananas and pose your elf with the pen
– Wrap toys in wrapping paper as if the elf was practising their wrapping skills
– Pop your elf in a roll of toilet paper and send him down the stairs
– Put your elf in a bowl filled with mini marshmallows – he’s having a spa day
– Pose him with an empty milk carton and spill some milk on the side – he’s milk drunk!
If you forget to move your elf one day here are a couple of ideas for why he may have stayed in the same place
– Tell your children the elf had a big job at the North Pole last night (toy production, helping Santa with the naughty list etc.) and so they returned to the same spot as yesterday
– Write a doctors note and tell your children the elf has taken a day off as they are feeling under the weather
– The spot they are in is a really good one to view everything your kids are doing
– They are saving their magic for a big surprise the next day
Source: Read Full Article