Want the most up-to-date celebrity exclusives sent straight to your inbox every day? Sign up now and join the club!

The Meghan Markle and Prince Harry interview with Oprah Winfrey is still very much fresh in people’s minds after airing in the US on Sunday on CBS, and in the UK on Monday on ITV.

The fall out from the interview has been noticeable, with some famous faces jumping to defend Meghan, to Piers Morgan quitting his role as Good Morning Britain presenter.

In the interview, various topics were brought up, with Meghan and Harry sharing their side of the story.

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

The bombshell discussion saw Meghan claim a member of the Royal family expressed "concerns" over the colour of her son's skin.

The 39 year old also said Kate Middleton made her cry ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry.

Here’s how Buckingham Palace, and the Royal family have responded so far…

Have the Royal family responded to the Meghan and Harry interview?

Following the interview, Buckingham Palace released a statement adding they were “saddened.”

The full statement read: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan. The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much-loved family members.”

  • Kate Middleton steps out in £65 pink jumper for the first time since Meghan Markle's controversial Oprah Interview

  • Prince William says Royal family are 'not racist' as he hits back at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's claims

As well as this statement, Prince William has also spoken out about the claims on racism in the Royal family.

The 38 year old and his wife Kate Middleton, 39, were seen in the first public appearance together at a Royal engagement on Thursday.

During their visit to an East London school, The Duke of Cambridge was asked about the claims.

A reporter asked him: "Sir, have you spoken to your brother since the interview?," to which he replied: "No, I haven't spoken to him yet but I will be."


The biggest royal scandals that have shocked the world after Harry and Meghan's Oprah interview

They then asked: "Can you just let me know, is the Royal family a racist family?," to which William hit back: "We are very much not a racist family."

Meghan told the chat show host that there were "concerns" over the colour of her son's skin within the Royal family, but she refused to name the person who said it.

The 39 year old said: "In those months when I was pregnant, we had in tandem the conversations of him not being given security or a title, and also concerns about how dark his skin might be when he's born.

  • Meghan Markle's pal claims couple have 'emails and texts to support' claims and more truths will come out

  • The Queen 'will speak to Prince Harry and deal with fall-out as family' after bombshell Oprah interview

"They didn't want him to be a prince or princess, not knowing what the gender would be, which would be different from protocol, and that he wasn't going to receive security."

Oprah, 67, enquired for more details, but Meghan refused to name the royal member who made the comments, saying it would be "very damaging to them."

Harry, 36, backed up her claims when he joined for the latter part of the interview, but also decided not to divulge which members of the family had made the comments.

However, Oprah has since confirmed that he told her off camera that it was neither of his grandparents.

Source: Read Full Article