SHOPPERS with a sweet-tooth can treat themselves to chocolate for free at Tesco.
The supermarket has launched a deal allowing customers to add a snack-size pack of Twix, Mars or Snickers chocolate bars to their shopping for free.
Tesco's offer is available on the smaller low calorie versions of the chocolates, which come in packs of 10.
To get your hands on the sweet freebie – worth £2 – you need to add one of the eligible chocolate packs to your basket along with the rest of your shopping.
At check out, put in the code GRP4TF and click apply -£2 will then be removed from your final bill.
Delivery costs at Tesco vary depending on what day and time you select – starting at £3 but rising to £7 at peak time.
How to cut the cost of your grocery shop
MONEY.CO.UK has shared some top tips with us to help you keep your supermarket spend down to a minimum.
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn't on your list, don't put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – You are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don't buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they'll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – Follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
The deal is online-only and the special offer isn't available in stores.
It expires on Monday, July 12 so you only have a few days to bag the bargain, and it also only applies to the first 10,000 customers.
But it's not the only chocolate treat offer available at Tesco this week.
Shoppers can also can get their hands on ice cream for only 50p at the supermarket.
The 475ml Oppo Brothers ice cream tubs usually cost £4.50 to buy from the supermarket, so customers could make a saving of £4 with the handy hack.
This shopper has revealed a trick to get hundreds of pounds off price of a DFS sofa.
Wetherspoons said it will hike food prices across all pubs when lockdown measures end.
Single-mum explains how she saved £8,500 in six months by ditching Tesco, cutting bills and buying Poundland make-up.
Source: Read Full Article