• Sat. Sep 18th, 2021

American Pickers' Frank Fritz slams 'cheater' ex Diann Bankson & says he got tattoo so he'll never forget her ‘betrayal’

Jul 26, 2021

AMERICAN Pickers star Frank Fritz slammed his “cheater” ex-fiancee Diann Bankson and revealed he got a tattoo so he’ll never forget her “betrayal.”

Frank, 57, and Diann, 55, had a nasty split that ended with her claiming he cheated in a scathing lawsuit. 


In an exclusive interview with The Sun, the American Pickers star insisted Diann is the one who was unfaithful, as he even got a tattoo to remind him of her “betrayal.”

He told The Sun: “I was going to get married, I bought a house and a big expensive ring, and then I find out my fiancée had been dating somebody else for two and a half years. 

“It’s kind of hard to get married when there’s another c**k inside of her already. That kinda cuts the fun factor down a little bit.

“She’s the cheater, that’s why I got a tattoo saying ‘Once a cheater always a cheater.’ I got the tattoo two years ago just to remind myself not to make the same mistake again. She cost me six figures.”

He continued to claim: “She was cheating a lot longer than me. I had someone over at the house, but that’s all it was. She didn’t catch me in the act, it was nothing like that.”

Frank and Diann have a long history, as they dated when he was 25, again at 35 and then a final time at age 55.

The couple bought a stunning Iowa home for $355,000 in March 2018. 

Frank sold the mansion after their split for $358,000 in January 2021. 

He said: “You’d think I would have learned, she cheated each time. I don’t think she can help herself. 

“I do not need to spend one minute of my day thinking about anything to do with her. I’m no angel, but neither is she.”

As The Sun previously reported, Frank lost 65 pounds by living a healthier lifestyle and cutting out drinking. 

He also attributed his weight loss to the heartbreak, as he continued: “I gave it a good shot, I tried to drink her away. I haven’t had a drink in almost nine, ten months. 

“It would have been a year but I had one slip up, it was maybe for four hours, but it was enough.”

Frank said he is not dating today, as he was “stung hard enough.”

'NOT TRUE'

Diann exclusively responded to The Sun of Frank’s cheating claims: “It's not true what he's saying. If he's trying to make me look like the bad person of course I'm going to say it's not true, because it's not.

"The bottom line is that I know the truth and that's all that matters. He's playing the victim and it's not true. I wasn't cheating on him at all, I was waiting here every two weeks when he was on the road, waiting for him to get home. 

“I just want to move on because every time I think about it I get a little upset, I get hurt all over again and I can't keep doing this. 

She concluded: "I don't care to have drama or chaos in my life, I'm just trying to heal right now. It's been two years, I'm ready to move on." 

The Sun previously reported Diann sued Frank for negligence on January 27, 2020.

In November 2018, she claimed she “walked in and caught him in bed with another woman.”

After the two reconciled, she claimed an incident took place at the farmhouse when Frank and a friend set off fireworks. 

Diann claimed the men “had been drinking” at the time, as she went into the home while they lit the fireworks. 

She continued in the court papers that the men were unable to light a firework. 

Diann alleged: “Both defendants then put it in a closed cylinder vintage ashtray and tried to light it there. The firework did not light again and the Defendant just left it in the covered intake ashtray instead of properly disposing the firework.”

She then claimed that she wasn’t warned about the ashtray, as she used it while smoking a cigarette. 

The lawsuit continued to claim: “The ashtray blew up severely burning her hand and arm with third degree burns and burnt off eyelashes and eyebrows.”

She claimed Frank “refused” to “take her to the hospital” and instead told her to “toughen up.”

She went to the hospital in the following days and was “treated for third degree burns.”

Diann demanded $50,000, claiming Frank was “negligent in the operation of fireworks.”

She claimed she has experienced pain and suffering, emotional distress and mental anguish, past and future loss of function of body and scarring, loss of earning capacity, loss of normal life and medical expenses. 

On March 19, 2020, Diann dismissed the lawsuit. 

Frank told The Sun of the incident: “Diann burned her hand out here, but I was inside the house. It wasn’t me, it had nothing to do with me. 

“My friend was out here and had messed around with something and he left it there. He left and I was inside watching TV and she went to put a cigarette out or something and it burned her hand.

“There was a lot of controversy there, but I never told her ‘toughen up’ like she said. We’d been drinking, she came in and she went straight to bed and straight to sleep, so she can’t have been hurting that bad. 

“Her hand looked like it was burned, but if it was so burned wouldn’t we have called 911?

“The next day we went to the local doctors and then to Iowa City. It was like a flash burn. I did as much as I possibly could.”

FRANK'S FIRING

Frank last appeared on American Pickers in March 2020, as he was recovering from grueling back surgery that left him with 185 stitches and two rods in his spine. 

Now that Frank’s back is “perfect,” he wants to return to the History show. 

He previously told The Sun: “I would like to come back to the show. I was doing it for 11 years. I’m 100 percent recovered now and I’m ready to roll and go back on the show.”

But Frank revealed the network hasn’t given him a straight answer about returning, as he continued: “They talk out of both sides of their mouth. It would be like me telling you I want to go back on the show and then tomorrow going, ‘I never said that, I never said anything about that.’

“The show runner called me on my birthday on October 11 of last year and he said ‘I’ll call you back tomorrow,’ but I haven’t heard from those people at all. They don’t contact me.”

The collector added: “I don’t know if they can do it cheaper without having me on there or what the situation is. 

"I want to go back on the show, but it depends on the network. It ain’t gonna affect me one bit, but I would like to be back for my fans.”

This also comes amid his feud with longtime costar Mike Wolfe. 

Frank previously told The Sun: “I haven’t talked to Mike in two years. He knew my back was messed up, but he didn’t call me up and ask how I was doing. That’s just how it is.

"The show is tilted towards him 1,000 percent. I can’t even bend that far down to show you how much. 

"That’s fine. It’s like you’ve got Aerosmith and there’s Steven Tyler and he’s the front man. I found my spot, I’m second and he’s number one on the show. That’s no problem with me, maybe he does have a problem."

But last week, Mike confirmed Frank's exit from the show.

He captioned a photo of the cast on Instagram: "I have known Frank for as long as I can remember, he’s been like a brother to me. The journey that Frank, Dani and I started back in 2009, like all of life, has come with its highs and lows, blessings and challenges, but it has also been the most rewarding.

“The support that you all have given us has been a constant reminder of what the show’s message has always been; thru these places, people, and things we all have a common thread. We’re here to not only take care of the past, but also each other.”

Mike concluded: “I will miss Frank, just like all of you, and I pray for the very best and all good things for him on the next part of his journey.”



    Source: Read Full Article