• Mon. Nov 29th, 2021

Kylie Jenner insists she didn't know about Astroworld Festival deaths until after show & is 'praying for victims'

Nov 7, 2021

KYLIE Jenner has insisted she did not know people had died at Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival until after the show.

The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star, 24, said her "thoughts and prayers" are with all those who lost their lives at NRG Park in Houston on Friday.


Kylie, who is pregnant with Travis' child, had been at the festival with her sister Kendall and three-year-old daughter Stormi.

The crowd is said to have surged towards the stage while Travis performed, resulting in eight deaths and hundreds reportedly injured.

One festival-goer told The Sun they had watched Kendall and Kylie "walk past bodies after hiding in an enclosed area" after the tragic stempede.

But Kylie insists they "weren't aware" of the deaths until after the news broke.

She wrote in a statement:"Travis and I are broken and devastated.

"My thoughts and prayers are with all who lost their lives, were injured or affected in anyway by yesterday’s events.

"I want to make it clear we weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show and in no world would have continued filming or performing."

The pregnant mum-of-one sent her "deepest condolences" to all the families of those involved and "will be praying for the healing of everyone who has been impacted".

Read our live Astroworld blog here for the latest

She also expressed her concern for Travis, who "cares deeply for his fans and the Houston community".

It comes after an onsite insider told The Sun Kylie and her sister Kendall, 26, "walked past bodies as they were escorted out of the event".

The source recalled: "Kendall and Kylie each had 6 massive bodyguards with them.

"After everything went down, Kendall and Kylie were escorted out and walked past bodies and people getting CPR."

The informant continued: "They kept their heads down and made sure no one saw their faces.

"They were doing everything so that no one would notice them and were covered up so no one could see their reaction.

"One guy got carted out in front of them. They were wearing masks and had their hoodies up.

"The area they were in was enclosed – where people had the family passes.”

TERRIFYING VIEW

Kylie faced controversy on Saturday after fans noticed that she posted a video of an ambulance moving through the chaotic crowd.

In the since-deleted clip, an emergency vehicle could be seen moving through the massive crowd.

The reality star panned from left to right to show off the festival production and lights, but in the bottom left corner, the flashing red and blue lights of the ambulance could be seen.

Kylie has removed the video, but the account @yonceskoo re-shared to Twitter, where fans discussed the horrific incident.

Many were disappointed to see the post, as they called the scene a devastating and "sad" display.

TERRIBLE TURN

Kylie, Kendall, and Stormi were on-site when an incident left at least eight people dead and many others injured, officials said.

A crowd of 50,000 showed up for the two-day event, which sold out within an hour of tickets going live in May.

Officials in Texas said the crowd began to "compress towards the front of the stage" at around 9:15 pm, sparking panic.

Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said: “We had at least eight confirmed fatalities today. We had scores of individuals injured at this event.”

He added that a "mass casualty incident" was triggered at 9:38 pm and investigations are ongoing.

"At approximately 9:15 pm the crowd began to compress towards the front of the stage and that caused some panic and it started causing some injuries," Peña said.

"People began to fall out, become unconscious, and it created additional panic," he continued.

One reveler, who asked for anonymity, exclusively told The US Sun that drugs were also being sold at the site by rogue concertgoers.

They said: “They were selling illegal substances and nobody knew what they contained. Pills more than anything.”

Houston Chief of Police Troy Finner shared the shocking allegations at a press conference on Saturday, reporting one security guard had been spiked with a needle in his neck, before losing consciousness.

CANCELLATION

Event organizers announced on Saturday, November 6 that the festival was canceled.

The statement read: "Our hearts are with the Astroworld Festival family tonight – especially those we lost and their loved ones.

"We are focused on supporting local officials however we can.

"With that in mind the festival will no longer be held on Saturday."

Organizers said authorities were "looking into the series of cardiac arrests that took place."

TRAVIS' STATEMENT

Travis issued a statement on his Twitter page on Saturday to tell fans his prayers went out to the families involved.

He shared: "I am absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival."

Travis added: "Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into this tragic loss of life.

"I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support the families in need. Thank you to Houston PD, Fire Department and the NRG Park for their immediate response and support."

Kylie and Stormi traveled south to support Travis for the third installment of the Texas show.

She is currently pregnant with her second child with the Franchise rapper.

The mother of one has yet to issue a statement about the tragic incident.







    Source: Read Full Article