Typically, when covering what is coming out on Netflix for the upcoming week, we tend to highlight numerous movies or TV shows. However, this upcoming week is special, and we’ll be spending most of the time on one item you need to watch because it’s awesome. Here’s what’s coming to Netflix this weekend and next week.
Lucifer: Season 5 finally hits the service on this Friday. While it was once a Fox series, it luckily found a new home on Netflix, and new episodes–loosely based on a Vertigo/DC comic series of the same name–have arrived. Additionally, Season 3 of the anime series Aggretsuko arrives next Thursday.
Now, let’s chat about one of the greatest shows in the era of streaming: Cobra Kai. Originally a YouTube Premium series–which was not a great home for it–the follow-up show to the classic Karate Kid movies sees the first two seasons land on Netflix on Friday, August 28. And Season 3 is right around the corner.
The show takes place in present-day, following the events of the original Karate Kid trilogy. Daniel LaRusso is married with two children, still living in the San Fernando Valley, and he now owns a car used dealership chain. Johnny Lawrence, however, is having a rough go, trying to make ends meet as a handyman, but he ends up drinking the days away.
However, Lawrence busts out his old karate moves in order to help a kid who is being bullied, and that moment leads him to reopen the Cobra Kai dojo. Of course, LaRusso catches wind of this, and their old rivalry ignites.
This show typically does everything many people disagree with when revamping a series. It takes a beloved property from the ’80s and adds a young supporting cast as the next generation. However, Cobra Kai is the perfect continuation of that classic movie franchise, blending the old with the new, and everything about it works exceptionally well. There’s a reason GameSpot’s Chris E. Hayner and myself have fought for this show to be on the annual Best TV Shows lists for the past two years.
Did this weekly “What’s coming to Netflix” piece just turn into a review essentially? Sure, but do yourself a favor; watch Cobra Kai, especially if you love the Karate Kid movies. Also, check out what’s coming to Netflix for September while you’re at it.
- New On Netflix In September 2020: More Pokémon, Movies, Anime, And Original Shows
- Every Canceled Netflix TV Show In 2020
- Netflix's Ozark Gets Expanded Season 4, Split Into Two Parts
New to Netflix this weekend and next week:
- Alien TV — NETFLIX FAMILY
- Fuego negro — NETFLIX FILM
- Hoops — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Lucifer: Season 5 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Rust Valley Restorers: Season 3 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- The Sleepover — NETFLIX FILM
- Septembers of Shiraz
- Emily’s Wonder Lab — NETFLIX FAMILY
- Trinkets: Season 2 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- La venganza de Analía — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Million Dollar Beach House — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Rising Phoenix — NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
- Aggretsuko: Season 3 — NETFLIX ANIME
- The Bridge Curse
- The Frozen Ground
- All Together Now — NETFLIX FILM
- Cobra Kai: Seasons 1-2 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- I AM A KILLER: Released — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Orígenes secretos / Unknown Origins — NETFLIX FILM
Source: Read Full Article